Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Throw it Down

as moms we need a few of these "throw down meals" to make life doable.


Yesterday some friends came over to "do" hair...I have one good friend that loves to cut and color hair and another good friend and I needed our hair done...
so we made a day of it and spent it at my place getting our hair done...
in my kitchen...
and then I got a text from another friend reminding me that I had signed up to take a meal to a new mom 
(3 kids under 2!!!)...
so now I'm having a hair party...
(color chemicals and pieces of cut hair) 
...in my kitchen 
and... I need to not only at some point today make a meal for my family
...but I need to take one to another family...
...
Time for....Throw Down Meal....


Lemon Chicken with Pesto Tortellini’s 
2 chicken breasts
1 package of dried pesto tortellini’s
1 package of Knorr Creamy Pesto mix (and ingredients to make...olive oil and milk)
Lemon Basil rub
 1.  Grill chicken breast seasoned with lemon basil rub (we have a indoor grill...LOVE IT...but you can do it on an outdoor grill or broil it in the oven) for 10-15 minutes until done. 
2.  Boil Tortillini's, follow package directions, boil and drain...
3.  prepare Creamy Pesto sauce per package directions...
slice up chicken breast, toss into cooked tortellini’s and pour pesto sauce over the top...
Serve with steamed broccoli!


I didn't have enough tortellini’s for the other family so I boiled bow-tie pasta and threw together an Alfredo sauce
Alfredo Sauce
1 Tbl Butter
1 cup grated parmesan cheese (the cheap stuff)
1/2 cup half and half (or milk will do in a pinch)
boil noodles, drain and return to pan and heat, melt butter in the noodles, add cheese and half and half, stir until all is melted...


I try to always keep a package of Knorr Creamy Pesto mix in my pantry and other good items for when a mom's just got to throw it down!

Two dinners for two families done in 20 minutes!!!
and I now have pink hair (Thanks Becca!)...gotta love that throw down!!!

No comments: