Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Magic Snack

I love things that are magical...who doesn't?
...isn't childhood all about magical things...
    ...Disneyland...movie magic...grandparents...the toothfairy...Santa...
...
so many times when I can't explain things to my kids I pull out the..."it's just magic" answer...it works...
or when someone asked me how I made something..."using magic"...

...don't worry, I'm not into black magic...

But I LOVE things that have a fun mystery to them...it just makes life a little more fun...

my kids new favorite snack is the "magic apple"

yep...a magic apple...

I use the magic wand...
aka...the Pampered Chef apple slicer

I cut the apple using the magic wand, but not all the way to the bottom, pull the slicer back up over the top of the apple and then put the apple back together...
so now it looks like a whole un-sliced apple...
then your kids can say some magic words...

"apple sapple...magic apple"



and the apple magically falls apart.

and because the apple is magic it taste just a little bit better!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Wow! I am impressed! I am going to try this with my son -- thanks for the great idea!

Melanie
~ melscoffeebreak.blogspot.com ~