Wednesday, March 24, 2010

a Tour...just a few days late!

Okay, Finally, I going to blog about my weekend...
TheSmithHotel's First Open House and Boutique....

Just a little clarification for those that were confused...

*TheSmithHotel is NOT a hotel.  I have a friend who's last name is Smith...
She collects vintage stuff...
she makes things from vintage stuff...
she is a thrift-aholic...
she has a blog...
and she has named her blog and her etsy store TheSmithHotel 
(they also have an extra room for borders when things get tight...
not sure if Mr. Smith knows that Mrs. Smith might be renting out his office soon!)...

*Open House...Mrs. Smith was not selling her beautiful home 
(but for the right price she might...lets not share that with Mr. Smith either...but it's a 3 bedroom, with an office, 2 bathroom, inground pool and hot tub...I'll pass any reasonable offers on to Mrs. Smith...oops tangent)
...anyways...Mrs. Smith opened her home up (hence the "open house") to sell some of her wares and asked my other friend Rayna (from Gotcha Covered) and I if we wanted to join her for the "event"...
and we said yes...

okay...hopefully that cleared up some of the confusion...
maybe I should have done that BEFORE the "event"...
anyways, we had a great weekend Friday and Saturday with people stopping in to visit our little open house, we did have one minor issue with directions and google maps making up a random road that does not exist (or at least not on the way to Mrs. Smith house) and sending some customers on a wild goose chase...

here is just a few pictures of things that were for sale (if you see something that you might be interested in buying let me know because it might still be available and I will contact either Mrs. Smith or Rayna if the item is not a ChambersMade product...)

ChambersMade up-cycled* Pottery Barn'ish type direction signs
...going to hang these in my living room since they didn't sell and I LOVE them!

Gotcha' Covered full apron on the left
ChambersMade 1/2 apron on the right

Gotcha' Covered children's aprons

organic Jellys 

TheSmithHotel's up-cycled bottlecap necklaces...
(the one in the middle is from Beau's old stomping grounds) 
and she will custom make these...let me know...

just a few of TheSmithHotels vintage linens and some up-cycled pillows

Gotcha' Covered's Hooter Hiders (for nursing mothers)

more aprons from Gotcha' Covered

some vintage items from TheSmithHotel

Daddy and Daughter matching aprons from Gotcha' Covered

another view of more of Mrs. Smith vintage items
that typewriter is still for sale...


and just a few of our goodies...ChambersMade blueberry scones 
we also had raspberry brownies, Mrs. Smith's fathers famous brownies and banana bread...

*Up-cycled was my new vocab word for the weekend...when you use old items to create new items...very green...very hip...so lots of the signs I made using the old up-cycled wood from our closet project...so I'm not cheap, I'm hip!

Thanks for all of you that stopped by and for those of you who couldn't make it I will let you know when our next one is...
Thanks Mrs. Smith for inviting me to join you at your open house...I really enjoyed the two days spent in your home hanging out with you, it was a fun weekend!

7 comments:

Chanonn said...

Everything looks great!

Monica said...

SO cool! I too have been doing up-cycling for about a year....mostly with turning old clothes into new things. Will you do this again?

The Smith Hotel said...

Thanks for hanging out with me! We had so much fun eating, talking, no kids, visiting, selling.....Still recovering from it but might have to think about doing it again! Mr.Smith really loved those blueberry scones!

Jody

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness I love the blue and yellow apron! I have been trying to convince my mom for a year now to make me a new apron. I may just have to break down and by one instead.

Tana Hartman said...

I really love those aprons!! Are they for sale?

Bella @ Lil Daisies said...

Yay! I was waiting to hear how it all went. Such adorable stuff ~ I especially love the aprons!

Which reminds me, I had a friend recently ask me this:

"do you know any real crafty people who may do craft shows and make handmade items. We are looking for some vendors to rent booths for our mothers day fair fundraiser for EHS. THanks please let me know. The booth rentals are $40.00 ea for the weekend"

In case you, Smith Hotel, or any other crafty friends may want to do this?? I will post this on your facebook too~

Love it Kiera! I love craftiness!!

Kiera said...

Monica-we will do it again...just not sure when.
Amanda and Tana...the aprons are for sale and Rayna from Gotcha' Covered also does custom aprons...send me your email and I'll give you her contact info for anyone that's interested...
Laura, we had a lady come to the open house and drop off a flyer for the EHS thing, we are hoping to participate but can't do Sunday so we are waiting to see if we can rent the booth for just Saturday...