Wednesday, June 23, 2010

2nd Date

Okay so week one of 52 dates wasn't our/my best....

I was starting to kick myself over the fact that in one week I couldn't fit in one "couch time" and then I realized that everyone's couch time might look a little different...
I think Beau and I get couch time 3-5 times a day, in the kitchen in the morning, driving to work in the morning, at lunch (lots of time we get to eat lunch together, and during the school year sans kids!), afternoons in the car, earlier evenings at work, cleaning up the kitchen after dinner, and then we always hang out together at night watching our "Murder She Wrote", and we do talk then, but we've been talking all day that I don't think it looks the same as it would had we not had the whole day together....
anyways, I will continue to try the "couch time", but I will also remember that this will look different for us, and to try to make it intentional and about each other.

anyways...week 2 will be WAY better, we can totally do this...
go to your local ice cream parlor (without the kids....is that legal?), frozen yogurt place, the freezer section at your grocery store, and pick out 2 or more flavors that neither of you would regularly try, both of you have to choose at least one...then that night after the kids are in bed have an Ice Cream taste off...and talk about different ice cream memories,
what was your favorite ice cream flavor as a kid?
do you have a memory associated with ice cream?
did you ever make ice cream?
did your neighborhood have an ice cream man?
did you go to an ice cream parlor or frosty with someone special (dad, grandparents, older sibling, uncle, etc) as a child?
get to know your spouse and all about their ice cream memories, while creating the newest ice cream memory...
and then vote on who's flavor was the best...

this is going to be a fun one...might have to have this date 2-3 times this week!
and can I say I'm really looking forward to asking Beau some of these ice cream questions...I have no idea what his favorite ice cream flavor was growing up, still not even sure of what it is today...(I can always tell what flavor he WON'T pick but never which one he will!)...

let me know if you and your husband go on an Ice Cream date...
and whats even better about this date is it can happen on your couch and maybe count as couch time...

1 comment:

Chanonn said...

How's this for bad couch week, I forgot! Never even remembered it until I read your post!! But in looking back, our couch time isn't the typical either...it was in the car driving to get Rachael...or at swim lessons with Brody while we watched and cought up on the day...but I think that doesn't really count because it isn't time we "made" for eachother and I think the idea is to "make" time. So this is a do-over week for me too!