Monday, June 21, 2010

Couch Time

Okay well I told you I was going to do it...
I was going to date my husband...this week's "date" was couch time...

and REAL time, not two different couches, with you on your laptop and him watching the game, or him on his laptop and you with your nose in your book....
or our version of couch time, Beau reading some dork book spread out on the floor and me watching "Murder She Wrote", with Beau half watching it also...

We were supposed to spend time together when he got home from work, talk about our day...
no kids 
no pets 
no dinner boiling on the stove
no cell phones...
just the two of us sitting on the couch, the porch, taking a walk... 
some place where we could focused on each other...
take 5-10 minutes and just talk...
okay...
so this DID NOT happen this week...
our schedules are always sort-a-kind-a crazy, 
we have one car, 
2 kids, 
and 2 jobs (yes we both work at the same place...but still)...
and that might not help, the working at the same place, because we sometimes come home together (or I've gone to pick him up, or he's picked me up...)

yeah, did you see that all excuses...I need to stop make excuses for not doing things I NEED to do...

anyways...it hasn't happened YET...but I have till Wednesday so I plan to fit it in the next 2 days...
we did take a family picnic to the river the other night...okay so that's not a date...but the kids did wander off to the river and the two of us were able to have some alone time...like 30 seconds...


we even documented the moment...Beau just loves taking pictures...he ruined my two good smiles...I rarely have a decent smile and look what he did!


and then when he decided to take a good picture my smile had gone away...

and then they found us...

...that is us...cuddling boy, me without my hair or makeup done, Beau with a weeks worth of stubble, and Madison the life of the party!

I'll keep you posted on how our couch time goes this week...and I hope/plan to keep at it for a lifetime...

1 comment:

Ann said...

I love this idea. We usually pause for a couple seconds in the kitchen, but to actually plan for it sounds great.