Monday, July 5, 2010

Menu for July 5th-10th

wow...look at that 3 blogs in one day...CRAZY...
and NO the kids aren't sleeping and that was my "new" plan to not blog/be on the computer while they were awake...but they have been having quiet time so I've had some mommy time...

This weeks menu was made with the help of the kids ON the way to the grocery store...
and then the grocery list was made by the girl child...
she was hilarious, writing down EVERY thing I said,
"and we will have chicken salad on Thursday, we already have the chicken, but we still need......burritos or nachos for Saturday, do you remember if we have any pinto beans left? your dad HATES when I buy extra beans..."
wish I would have thought to take a picture of the list, it was 3 pages long, and fun for her to try to find the items on the "list" that we were shopping for...but I will count it as her journaling today so it was a bonus for her!

anyways...the menu

Monday-July 5th
lunch-leftover chicken, potato salad, and fruit salad from the 4th
dinner-breakfast burritos

Tuesday-July 6th
lunch-sandwiches using the potato bread that we made (requested by the girl child)
dinner-chicken nuggets and baked beans

Wednesday-July 7th
lunch-quesadillas
dinner-make your own pizza's on English Muffins

Thursday-July 8th
lunch-sandwiches
dinner-chicken salad on croissant and spinach salad

Friday-July 9th
lunch-fried egg sandwiches
dinner-burgers

Saturday-July 10th
lunch-leftovers
dinner-burritos/nachos/tacos...something mexican'ish....

side note/question...
do you have menu items that you remove/add to your list during different seasons?  Yesterday I had a facebook conversation with a friend that was having chicken noodle soup....I said that, that was not a 4th of July meal...and others seemed to think it was...I have a hard time thinking of soup in July, also no chicken pot pie, meatloaf, and a lot less casserole type items...
and then the salads seem to multiply in the warmer months...
does the same thing happen to your menu?

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Yes! I never like to make any of those warm comfort foods during the summer. There are too many wonderful cool summer dishes.

Love your blog by the way. Your mom-in-law is one of my favorite people and I found you through her facebook page. :)

Meredith

Anonymous said...

we are all about the grill during the summer--so soup, casseroles, etc. get put on the back burner till colder days.

I agree with Meredith--your blog and your M-I-L rock.

ps...now you have me interested in doing a little tri...
--amie v

Kiera said...

thanks ladies...I do have a pretty great mother in law....
Amie V...you should sign up for a sprint tri...check out the mermaid site... www.mermaidtriathalon.com or the irongirl.com ...

Joni said...

I HATE hot food during the summer. If I can avoid turning on the oven, I do. The microwave and grill get used a LOT during the summer. Once the garden starts producing, the menu changes drastically to use up all those fresh veggies (I cut and freeze what I don't use usually).