Monday, October 11, 2010

I've Been Living a Lie

I need to confess...
I haven't told you the truth.  I haven't actually lied to you....
it's been a lie of omission...I've been hiding something...
something that I haven't been ready to talk about yet...
something that I'm not sure that I've accepted yet as a truth...

so, is it a lie of omission if you're still processing it in your own head?

okay...here it goes....

my husband has quit dairy...
no cow's milk
no yogurt
no sour cream
....
and the hardest one...
no cheese...

yes you read that correctly...NO CHEESE!
these are the questions I'm asking myself...
*why?
*how?
*did he stop loving me when he stopped loving cheese?
*how can you just quit cheese?
*if our family's motto is "Everything's Better With Cheddar" what happens when the husband/father of the family just quits cheese?
*is our family now a lie?
*is quiting cheese part of the "for worse" that I agreed to in my marriage vows?

AND
*how do I rearrange my menu/grocery shopping for the one CRAZY member of the family that just up and randomly quits cheese?
*should I rearrange my menu/grocery shopping for the ONE crazy member?
*and I just keep asking HOW?

1 comment:

The Smith Hotel said...

I think when he changes the game plan after 10+ years of marriage-I say he needs to make his own food! Mr. Smith decided he didn't like the way I did HIS laundry (after 18 years of marriage) so he does his own now! Your kids still need the calcium and so do you! When you make a casserole just don't throw cheese over a little portion of it for him! Mr. Smith gave up carbs for awhile-the rest of us didn't! When we had spagetti-he had to figure out his own meal!

Off my soap box now,
Jody