Saturday, October 9, 2010

Menu for Oct 8th-when the food runs out

I know that my life is easier with a menu,
I know my families life is easier with a menu...
but some times it's just so hard to sit down and make one...
this is how it happened yesterday...
girl child and I leave to run errands...
she had checked the mail right before we left and had some junk mail envelopes sitting on her lap in the car...
I handed her a pencil and said, "what should we have for dinner this week?"
and together we brainstormed dinner ideas/options...
she and I tried to figure out what we'd need for groceries off that menu
...always a little harder when you can't remember what's in the fridge/pantry...
and then we hit the store...

can I tell you how much fun it is to grocery shop with just one child...and one that is so helpful.
Madison is a very sweet little girl and I love hanging out with her.  She made grocery shopping at 5 pm on a Friday a pleasant experience!...and she WROTE the entire menu and the grocery list...and a few words were in cursive!  so sweet!

Friday, October 8th-Ravioli's with Marinara sauce, Spinach Salad and French Bread
Saturday, Oct 9th-Pecan Crusted Chicken Breast and Parmesan Orzo
Sunday, Oct 10th-Breakfast Burritos
Monday, Oct 11th-BBQ Chicken Pizza
Tuesday, Oct 12th-Chili with corn bread and honey butter
Wednesday, Oct 13th-Baked Potato Bar
     (with leftover chili, steamed broccoli, sour cream, cheese, bacon, etc)
Thursday, Oct 14th-Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli
Friday, Oct 15th-Taco Salad
Saturday, Oct 16th-dinner out...my birthday....
Sunday, Oct 17th-Egg McMuffins
Monday, Oct 18th-Ravioli's with Pesto
Tuesday, Oct 19th-Chicken Chow Mein and fried rice
Wednesday Oct 20th...pay day...and a new menu!

so the menu's not bad...just hoping I bought everything I need to make it to the next payday without a trip to the grocery store!

No comments: