Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mourning a Loss

okay...
so just some randomness

I broke my favorite dish...
well I didn't break it...I found it broken
I make let my kids put the dishes away
and in letting them do this I have tried to let go of the
"everything has a place and MUST return to that place" mentality...
I will nicely remind them where things go
try to guide them, if you will
but if they unload the dishwasher without asking where something goes I will not come into the kitchen and criticize their work...
with that being said...
my pots/pan/casserole dish cupboard is beginning to look like children have organized it...
so last week I went into the dark hole
to get out my beautiful buttery yellow dish
the one that was a favorite gift last year at Christmas...and it was broken...
I can still use it, but one of the handles was broken off...so very sad...
does anyone have any suggestions on glues I could use that would hold this and I'd still be able to bake with it?!

I feel the only thing to help me feel better would be some amazing baked mac-n-cheese...only this was the dish I baked it in!
I am so sad that I'm not sure I can return to my kitchen to cook...wait...maybe I was in pre-mourning because I can't remember if I cooked my family a meal all last week!!!

2 comments:

Basking in the Son said...

Can you just sand down the edges so they aren't sharp and keep right on using it?

Abby said...

break off the other handle? Make it uniform?