Saturday, November 13, 2010

Oh, Hello Autumn!

I meant to post this last week...

just wanted to show how I turned my book club door wreath into a festive autumn greeting!


recipe for Autumn Welcome
take one grapevine wreath that was purchased 7 years ago...


keep the old book pages and fake white & green flowers from book club wreath
shove in fake autumn foliage into any spot that seems good...

add cute wide eyed owl
and hang from 3M door hanger that has been faithfully holding up all weather wreaths for 5+ years!

always nice to have some seasonal to come home to...
helps me ignore the construction clutter on the porch!

seriously thou...I have had the same wreath for about 7 years, and I occasionally buy/find new seasonal items to decorate it with, and then save the stuff from year to year (shoved into a WalMart bag in my laundry room cupboard)...
this wreath for this season cost me $0 since it was all stuff from previous years, and took me all of 4 minutes to put together!...

No comments: