Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Easy Christmas Cookies II

second installment of
Easy Christmas Cookies....
and they aren't cookies...
they're bon bons...
but hey,
they only have 3 ingredients...
and are amazingly simple and YUMMY
AND you don't bake them...
and you can change them up SO many different ways...love them!

Oreo Bon Bons
1 package Oreo's*
1- 8 oz package cream cheese
1-1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate, because it's what I always use...but you can use any sort of chip you want, the mint ones, peanut butter, cinnamon chips...have fun with flavor combos)

now you don't NEED a food processor for this recipe but I would highly recommend it...I made the first 2 steps in less than 3 minutes....
1.  dump entire package of Oreo's into food processor and grind into fine crumbs
2.  add block of cream cheese until fully incorporated into Oreo crumbs and creates a glooby gooey ball
3.  using a small cookie scoop (pampered chef) scoop onto wax paper lined cookie sheet
4.  place in freezer until hard (or you remember that you put them there)
5.  melt chocolate in microwave (have no idea the length...I have a 'melt chocolate' button on mine...and that's the button I push!
6.  roll, dip, somehow coat frozen oreo bon bons with melted chocolate...you will have to lick your fingers...so just wait until the last one is done and you can clean the chocolate all off!

7.  stick back in freezer to harden...serve these to impress people...but to properly impress them you should probably wipe the chocolate off your chin (thankful the girl child told me I had some on my chin...and neck!)

*(I used the Mint Creme Oreo's on this batch, I have also used the Trader Joe's Candy Cane Joe Joe's before...AMAZING!)
 
The boy child (on the right...looking hopped up on chocolate) and his good friend, Isaac, enjoying the bon bons...and various other goodies...after their music recital on Monday night!

No comments: