Sunday, December 5, 2010

Random Sunday Ramblings!

Sunday....

the family is recovering from the girl child's first slumber party....
she has had sleep overs before
...but this was a PARTY...
with multiple girls from 8-10....

we thought turning the double digits was worthy of a grand party...
the cake is a bed...because she was having a slumber party...

and now I am so very tired...
we 'hosted' 7 girls from after school on Friday (1:45pm is when school gets out!)
until 9:30am on Saturday
silly me, I left the invitation with a large block of pick up times...8-9:30 am...should have just put 9:30...
that was roughly 19 hours...didn't do the math until the day of...
fyi...don't need to plan a thing for slumber parties...

  
slumber party math
Wii-Just Dance II
+
finger nail polish, lotion, hair brushes and make-up
+
slumber party movies The Never Ending Story and Princess Bride
+
little girls
=
girls staying up until 2 am...
yes 2 am
and they started to wake up at 5:45am....

I will say this...
the girl child has great friends and they were all sweet and well behaved.
I love that my daughter has such quality friends!

I will also say...
I think because I love my husband I will never make monkey bread again...

I made it for 'breakfast' for the girls on Saturday...
and Beau ate it for breakfast,
lunch,
dinner,
2nd dinner,
dessert...
and then was looking in the fridge for more refrigerator biscuits so I could make more, after he licked the plate clean!

and girl child's bffsb (best friend forever since birth) stayed thru the day and spent the night again....
so we could do our annual walk to the downtown Christmas parade...
fun, but now I am tired...
girl child just woke up from a 2 1/2 hr Sunday afternoon nap!

the boy child spent Friday night at a friends house
he need to get the heck out of dodge...
in a few years he'll be begging to stay home when his older sister is having a slumber party...but right now, a room full of cute girls just looks like crazy!

boy child also drank bad egg nog this afternoon...
probably should have checked the date before I poured...
he asked me if I mixed the egg nog with orange juice...
hmmm, pretty sure that's not good
I was worried it might have ruined the nog for him,
but he jumped right back on the wagon and we opened up a fresh carton and he drank an entire glass...still praying the bad nog stays put and doesn't come back up, bringing with it the good nog!

boy child also asked me today
"what's more important, Christmas tree skirts or Red Power Rangers?"
guess who was sewing a Christmas tree skirt and who wanted me to print off a picture of the Red Power Ranger for him to color....


well, think the rain has let up for the family to jet out and pick up our Christmas tree...
long fun weekend...
I may or may not blog about the bed cake...so easy...we'll see...

blog edit...
the family vetoed getting a tree...
the kids for some crazy reason didn't want to get a tree in the pouring rain....
maybe tomorrow!

1 comment:

Lee said...

OH, we love Monkey bread and would eat it all the time if it was calorie free. Since it's not, my rule is first day of christmas break and Christmas morning. Always Christmas morning. Makes getting over to grandparent's and the multiple others we have to see easier. But since I've chosen those two dates, the kids get it twice in one week. OOOPPPSSS!