Saturday, January 8, 2011

back to the land of the living

wow!  that one knocked me out...
I started to feel it coming on Sunday night
ignored it and took a passel of kids to the snow by myself on Monday
...great way to break in the new mini!...

the boys eating lunch in the back of the mini....
and,Yes I'm crazy, and yes we had a great time!
probably should have stayed home and filled my body with vitamin C and fluids...
then ignored it some more and went into work on Tuesday, had some meetings that I for some crazy reason didn't want to reschedule...and then went to a birthday party on Tuesday night (should have sent the husband and girl child by themselves...)
then spent most of Tuesday night/Wednesday morning sleeping/not sleeping on the couch with a
sick-coughing-gaging-sniffling-oh-so-sweet-and cuddly little boy...
and then spent the rest of Wednesday in our jammies with me innocently thinking that I would be all better on Thursday...little did I know that I had just barely begun to feel the wrath of the nasty!
and then spent the next 2.5 days in my jammies...
vegging out to NetFlix
lessons I've learned so far in 2011
1.  When taking a passel of California children to the snow the hardest part is getting said kids into their snow clothes...
2.  I probably used up all my luck for the entire year when I brought all kids home safe and sound and free of any major wounds and broken bones...
3.  I need more jammies and an extra robe so my nastyness can be put in the wash while I'm wearing clean comfies
4.  I like love should possibly marry NetFlix
5.  I can't get enough of documentaries on NetFlix (and yes, I am a nerd!)
6.  If I get caught up in a good book it doesn't matter how sick and close to death's doorstep I am I will stay up WAY past my bed time to finish said book....
7.  I want need NEED the sequel to Hunger Games,
so if anyone has Catching Fire
and would let me borrow it for a day, I promise that's all I will need to finish it, I will be forever indebted to you!
8.  I need to go take a shower...

1 comment:

Krista said...

I just finished Catching Fire! So good! I have Catching Fire and Mockingjay on my Kindle. If you have a Kindle reader app, I'll e-mail you my acct info and you can download it for yourself!