Monday, February 7, 2011

getting back into the program

training for another Mermaid sprint triathlon...

I feel much better about it this year, not nearly as scared,
I've been there,
my 'what if's' and 'how does this work' have been answered...

and now I'm almost lazy about it...
I have always said I was doing this for 'fun'
not to beat any records or win anything
and we know that wasn't going to happen anyways...
but now that I know I can do it I feel like I might be lazy...

so I need to figure out a way to stay motivated to train harder...
I might need to set a weight loss goal or a time goal...
I have set a goal that by the end of April I want to run/jog around my 'block' 3 times...it's just a little over 1 mile once around, but it's a hard mile with a long grueling hill that kills me!

I just need to get into the program and stay focused...

so my 'program' that I need to get with...
for Feb...
run at least 3 times a week, at least 1.5 miles up to 2.5 miles depending on the day/temp/location, etc...
bike at least once a week, and want to bike at least 10 miles each time and up to 15...
     need to step into the Y for that since 'my' bike got stolen...or need to get a bike!
and swim 3 times this month

running for the remainder of training...just want to keep up with the same...maybe push it to 3 miles once a week
biking will go up to twice a week in April and probably stay with that for the duration...maybe 'riding' a few 20  miles here and there...
and swimming will up that to 5x in March and 7x in April and lots more in May!)

and lets just say for the weight loss...I'm setting a 'goal' of 4 lbs by June...
tri date to be exact...June 11th...
4 CRAZY lbs...
seems like nothing I know, but I went all last year without dropping 1 lb...
so 4 is going to be hard for me...I might actual have to do more than exercise for that to happen...I might have to cut down on my food intake...YIKES...this girl likes to eat!
and a 'before' picture for you...the only one I could find from within the last month, but probably not the most flattering wearing snow pants and all...but the face and torso are free of added padding...

No comments: