Tuesday, March 1, 2011

No Pinching

I just took my Valentines decorations down on Saturday...but hey, it was still in February...so not too bad, how many of us wait until January to take down Christmas?

anyways...here is a little tour of our ChambersMade Irish cottage....

our festive green'ish wreath...look familar...yep I recycled it from Christmas...

the shelf in the entry way...

~the subway art piece is a free printable from here
~the rain boot picture is from a few years ago of my kids...
~the milk jug vase is left over Valentine Decor ('I love you' is on the other side, just turned it), with green leaves off our Camilla tree
~the frog and green glitter basket are both from Target $1 bins
~the limes were in my fruit basket for lime chicken that I plan making later this week...hmmm might need to get some plastic limes
~and the Lego Leprechaun was made by Wilson


Sunday was day 8 of sickness in our house...
both kids and I were getting a little sick of Cosby re-runs and Phineas and Ferb...
so to break it up...I sent the kids on a 'green, gold & rainbow' scavenger hunt around the house...

be forewarned...you may end up with some very odd items and have to explain why you can't...won't use Lincoln Log roof tiles in your decor...

our 'mantel'...aka...top of our heater...
~green frog, green box and green hand sanitizer (small in front next to the milk jug) all from the scavenger hunt...I will probably remove the sanitizer soon, but the kids veto'ed me when I said it was weird!
~vase full of green trimmings from our yard...
~ball of green yarn and green striped dishtowel...all from around the house.


our trunk/end table in our living room
~stack of green books (scavenged mostly from Beau's book shelf...without permission...)
~teddy bear in green velvet bag (bag from the scavenger hunt)...
~another vase of greenery from our tree...and the vase has those weird beads that soak up water...and just happen to be rainbow colored (Wilson got them from Aunt Brook for Christmas)...
~green candle (was a Christmas gift)...


and on top of the green books...
~a green crocodile Littlest Pet Shop...
~green Hot Wheel...
and a jar of rainbow Squinkies...and if you don't know what Squinkies are you probably don't have a 10 year old girl! all from the scavenger hunt...

 top of the piano...sorry for the bad lighting...
from left-right.
~our greenish Scentsy (plug in candle thingy)...
~frame of Beau, Madison and I the first time Madison saw the ocean...it's always on the piano...didn't want to find something to replace it...
~a green plate with green pears...
~a green tea/coffee cup holding up a stack of 'golden' books...
~and the candles that are always on the piano...

close up of the 'green & golden' stuff on top of the piano...
and forgot to mention the clay elephant on the far right that Madison made in 3rd grade...
he's not green...but I just love that little guy!

it was fun getting the kids involved and decorating for St. Patrick's Day...don't think I've ever decorated for it before...and I only spent $2 everything else was from around the house....
was also thinking most of these things I will be able to re-use and just add other colors for Spring/Easter decorations...

I'm linking this to Inspiring Creations
InspiringCreations

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

That's a fun idea! Love all of your green decorations! :) Thanks for stopping by and linking.