Friday, May 13, 2011

Summer Lovin'

....the kids have the count down going,
they know that we only have 15 more days of school...
15 days until...
....
UNTIL
...
SUMMER BREAK

Summer is...
amazing
it's staying up late
it's sleeping in late
it's slumber parties
swimming parties
lake parties
camping
VBS
BBQ
4th of July
a week at grandmas....
and then...
then....
it happens.
....
..."MOM....I'm soooo BORED!"
....
how can something so wonderful in the eyes of every child turn out so boring?

source-Brassy Apple

I think I might make this little beauty and hand it over to whatever child whines to me that they're bored
directions at Brassy Apple 


I also stumbled upon this blog early this week with 100 activities to do over the summer
http://www.digitalreflections.typepad.com/digital_reflections/2009/06/100-free-things-to-do-with-your-kids-this-summer.html

and my goal is to have my kids read over the list and make a list of their own, they can choose up to 30 things off this list (there is a 100 to choose from).

I'm hoping that some of their 30 overlap so we don't end up with a list of 60 to do before summer is over!

I have already counted and there are 70 days of summer vacation..
so even if we end up with 60 activities we can double up and do more than one on certain days, and then we will have some weeks that none of these happen
(VBS week is enough entertainment all on it's own, and wears me out, so I get a free pass that week!)...

so I'm almost ready...
I'm getting mentally prepared for the moment when I hear the words...
'Mom...there is nothing to do...I am so bored'...

I think I will also make up a list of chores that I get to assign to the kids that tell me they are bored...

No comments: