Saturday, July 2, 2011

how to strip with a chair

and make money...
okay, maybe not MAKE money, but don't spend money...

I had this chair on our front porch at the money pit house for over 2 years...I got it for FREE at yard sale...
my goal when we moved was
1. to NOT have it sit in our entry for another 2 years and look shabby...and it was shabby, NOT shabby chic!
2. re-do it without spending any money...use only what I had on hand...

step 1...take pictures of free chair that's been sitting on your front porch for 2+ years


step 2...strip all the paint off*...this is harder than it looks, especially since the paint seemed to be just falling right off...basically this chair was a tease!


step 3...take pictures of your cute toes



step 4...strip some more

step 5...spray paint black....


step 6...realize that one can of black spray paint isn't enough...and since the goal is to do this for FREE and you only had one can...find another color of paint that you like...and have...and start brushing away...

step 7...glue all back together and take cute pictures in your back yard with yellow flowers...that may or may not need to be mowed away!


step 8...put in entry all finished and FREE with other FREE decorations...

'Chambers' sign...I just made a few weeks ago...really enjoying it...
jazz playing ant plant holder...from friends as a house warming gift
black rocks from our side yard...


and not that I didn't have many perfect weather days to do this project...
I love the fact that I choose today when it was 197 degrees outside...
okay, so it's only 101...but still genius me...choosing to strip on a very hot day!

*I would like to thank all the people that helped in the stripping process...
my good friend Rayna and her husband Robert started the stripping with me a little over a week ago...
my kids both spent some time helping...
and last but not least, I could not have done with stripping without the help of my husband!
He appreciates when I put my heart into stripping!

I'm linking up with



2 comments:

The Smith Hotel said...

Looks super cute! Hey, it's going to stay hot so maybe you need to do more projects outside! LOL

Jody

Lisa said...

i love it :) esp the part about the black spray paint...i often do that, not check my materials beforehand and run out mid-project. i'd like to think it inspires more creativity :)