Monday, September 26, 2011

it might be genetic...

...or something like that...

so the boy child has some homework
but the girl child has loads and loads of the stuff...
....5th grade might just kill me us...

and the horrible mean mommy rule* in our house is
NO screen time during the week
...it's way too distracting for the girl child when she has homework to do...
and as a reward for her when the homework is finished, she just can't concentrate on the task at hand if...
at-any-point-in-the-near-future-the-big-shiny-box-on-the-wall-might-start-flashing-pictures-with-sound...
*mommy rule, because more than once daddy has broken the rule...

so poor child that is the boy child...
scene...
Monday afternoon...
2 pages of simple 1st grade homework is completed
...his sister has DAYS of 5th grade homework left
.....and no screen time till Friday afternoon...
poor miserable little child...
forced to look/read books
color...
play...
...the horrors...
I understand if you feel you might need to turn me into the proper authorities...

in the horrible black hole that was his afternoon he created this...
yeah, I know...
AMAZING....


do you see it...
yep...
he has never once read my blog...
and I don't write with nearly as many '...' as I type with...

yet...he has them throughout his story...
so, I have decided it might just be genetic...

'The Creature!...' by Wilson Chambers
One sunny day a little monster came along skipping on the sidewalk...
I stared at it, it stared right back...
Chapter 2
It went to my house...and went in to my bedroom and played with my toys.  It gave me a hug.
The end


and don't you worry, he's already planning a book 2...

blog edit...boy child did have help with some spelling...mainly US helping him sound out words and helping him guess letter combos that would make the right sound...and NEVER once did Beau have to correct a word that I helped boy child spell...

3 comments:

Linda said...

This is absolutely great! His spelling is terrific! Can't wait to read book 2!

Erin said...

it took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about! haha! That is too funny! What a cute little man!

Pastor Beau said...

Ummm... I think he gets his story telling abilities from me... and just for the record, I helped with the spelling too... mainly correcting your spelling :)