Thursday, November 24, 2011

give thanks

I am so thankful for so much...
I didn't jump on the whole facebook thankful challenge thing...
never have...
I not sure why,
maybe it seemed insincere for me,
although I know plenty of people that are doing it and they are 100% sincere in their thanks...

  I am thankful,
      I don't want you to think I'm not,
maybe I felt that facebook was too impersonal...
like I was posting my diary for all to read...
...so, then why would I post it on my blog...
...because it is MY blog and it's more like my online journal...
and I may never actually publish this post, we'll see!

I'm thankful for my parents that raised me in a Christian home
thankful for the country that I live in that gives me so many freedoms
....freedom to serve my Lord Jesus Christ
freedom to teach my children and other peoples children about his love
....freedom to learn,
      not only allowed to be educated, but making it possible!
   seriously, I remind both of my kids that it is such a gift that we live in this country,
education is huge, and it's GIVEN to all of us!  no matter our gender or income...

I'm thankful for the people that came into my life at various points sharing with me God's love and truths...

I'm thankful for a college education (that we're still paying off)
thankful for an income to pay off my college education.

I'm thankful for meeting my husband at that college.

thankful for in-laws that raised my husband in a Christian home.

I'm thankful for the Christian couples that were in both of our lives at different times giving us the desire, goal, and tools for building a healthy Christian marriage.

I'm thankful for choices we both made before we ever met that led to pure, loving, wonderful sex life (yep, I went there!).
Thankful for communication with my husband.
Thankful for his love of God, his desire to serve God, his desire to share God's love.
Thankful for his love of our children.

I'm thankful for our children,
  healthy, beautiful, loving children...
thankful for the health care, doctors, medicines and God's miracles that have blessed us with two healthy beautiful, loving children....
Thankful for all the people in our children's lives that have shared God's love with them.
   thankful that they have a faith in God and a heart to share his love with others.

I'm thankful for a daddy's girl,
     that will talk to her daddy about anything...ANYTHING!
thankful that she is all girl...all silly, giggly, sparkly girl!
thankful that she is loving, tender, hopeful, & kind
thankful that she loves God, and wants to serve Him.
  thankful that she will not look for a boy to fill the needs that both God and her daddy have filled already!

Thankful for a momma's boy...
  a boy that has a heart to share love with the 'women' in his life...
a boy that is tender and loving and gentle...
   and rough & tough and funny and amazing...
thankful that he loves God and wants to serve Him.
thankful for a boy that will make an amazing husband
     because he will look at his father to see how to love and care for his wife and children.

I'm thankful for the grandparents that our children have...
the legacy of love, marriage, and loving God that they share with our children....

Thankful for so much more...
  for the turkey sitting in the kitchen waiting to be stuffed...

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Krystle said...

Love this, totally agree with you and yeah...all of that :)
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!