Tuesday, April 10, 2012

easiest.main dish.EVER!

our normal Easter dinner main dish is Ham...
I love ham...
it's my favorite pig product...
my brother-in-law coined our new favorite term for ham
...dinner bacon....

so anyways...
I make ham about once a year...
which is weird because I do love it so...

anyways...
I pinned a Pomegranate Glaze Ham...
looked good and easy...
but I changed it up a bit and added pineapple....

ready for the easiest recipe ever...

this is NOT my ham
I borrowed the image from google
because I failed to take any pictures on Easter!



Pomegranate Ham
Spiral Cut Ham
Pomegranate Juice
1 can Pineapple Rings (optional)

1.  heat oven to 350. place ham in roasting pan, pour 1 cup pomegranate juice over ham & cover with foil.  place in oven, cook for about 17 min per pound (about 2 1/2 hours for an 8 lb bone-in ham)
(check a ham roasting chart to exact temps and times)
2.  at the half way point in the baking processes take ham out & top with some pineapple rings (because they're pretty...and tasty) pour some pineapple juice from can over the pretty pink pig and maybe another 1/2 cup of pomegranate juice (if you want...not necessary).  cover again with foil and return to oven.

Pomegranate Glaze
2-3 cups Pomegranate Juice
2 Tbs cornstarch (optional)

1.  if using cornstarch whisk into juice and place in sauce pan...or just place the juice right in the pan minus the cornstarch.  simmer for 20-30 minutes or until glaze is the thickness you'd like.
2.  serve with ham.

SERIOUSLY... this was the best Easter Ham I've every made...and the easiest!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Really, really sorry we missed Easter at your place! Wonderful Ham as well as carrot cake & buttermilk pie!