Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Public Service Announcement

your July PSA...brought to you by music...

yep, this "DUH-moment' PSA is brought to you by music....


blog side note...
I'm NOT a music person.  It's not that I don't like music...
or don't appreciate music...
or don't enjoy music...I do enjoy my share of music...
I even have a favorite band or 2...
it's just...I'm not a music person.

I know weird...

random fact...I owned zero (0) cd's (that's the way we listened to music in the 90's) when Beau and I started dating...still had zero when we got married...and today...I have zero cd's....

in 21st century vocab...it's like not having an itunes account...which...I do not have!
.....

okay...
end blog side note!

This PSA is about music!
I feel it's my duty to inform you all that working out with music is WAY better...
but guess what...you already knew that!

99% of the time I run without music...
1.  I just don't think about it
2.  running is my quiet time...just have silence...nothing...and I love it....
3.  I just don't think about it...because as noted earlier...I'm not a music person....


well...I'm also not a great runner...
I'm a fair-weather runner...
what does that mean...
well, I don't like to run in the cold and really not in the wet & cold (so Nov-March is out) 
and I don't like to run in the heat (so June-Sep is out)...
and I don't like to run on a treadmill...
so I get my running in from April-May...and October....


anyways...today I decided to run while the kids were at swim team
(I'm at the Y...I should be doing something RIGHT!)...
I have been trying to do something while I'm there...
but I do hate the treadmill...
and not so in love with the stationary bike...
and yes, I know...I'm a whiner!

anyways...I borrowed the girl child's pink headphones...
and asked Beau how am supposed to get music to come out of my smart phone...
and then...this crazy thing happened...
I ran better...the treadmill wasn't so stupid today...
I ran my first 11 min mile in over a year!... 
     (told you I was a not-so-great runner)
all because I was listening to some tunes while I was running...
crazy...
look how happy she is...it's because of the music!

music makes running easier....
and I'm the last one to figure this out...
because while I was running and thinking,
     "wow, this is like magic or something, I feel great!"
...I looked around the room...and everyone...
I MEAN EVERYONE had head phones on!...
even the 70+ lady reading her Kindle had headphones on!

I think I may have been the ONLY one in the world not running with music...
but just in case there is one other person out there...
and they happen to be reading my blog...
FYI music makes it better!!!!

No comments: