Monday, December 3, 2012

Advent Calendar

This is just a short little post to share with you the Advent Calendar I made today.

My mother-in-law sent me this link to the FREE Dayspring Printable Advent Calendar

and I just printed them out on white cardstock,
cut and glued them to colored cardstock on the back and then hung them with clothespins to some greenery that I hung around our entryway...
it's totally simple and easy...
and LOVE the Advent Calendar
all the references are about God's Promises Fulfilled, with a Bible verse and then a prompt about the promise/verse...
example
Dec 3...The Promise of Light "I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."  John 8:12... Where will you walk today in order to bring the Light of the world to the world?
be jealous of my mad photography skills!
 The greenery hanging around the entryway with the Advent cards clipped down both sides
can you find the camel in this picture?
again, mad skills!
 Close up of one side of the 'calendar'...with the Advent cards clipped..
 cards on other side...
back of cards with scrapbook paper so when we flip a card over after reading it that day it will still look nice.

Starting sometime this week I will start my Nativity Tour...I will show you my collection of Nativities and where/how I display them!

Do you have an  Advent Calendar you use?

2 comments:

Linda said...

I see the camel!! Reflected in the glass on the clock.

Kathy said...

Thanks Kiera, for sharing ! It turned out really cute. I loved the scripture and sayings on the cards. Love you !